Mostly, credit cards are designed to offer benefits on specific categories such as travel, dining, movies, etc. But there are some users who would want a credit card to help them save more on everyday purchases such as grocery, utility bill payment, retail stores, departmental stores and the like. So, here we have categorized the best credit cards for retail shopping into Store Branded Credit Cards and Best Credit Cards for Groceries and Departmental Store Purchases.
Best Store Branded Credit Cards in India
There are only two credit cards in India that are co-branded with retail stores. However, since online shopping websites like Amazon and Flipkart have also started catering to the everyday needs of the customers, here we have covered credit cards co-branded with them as well.
SBI FBB StyleUP Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
Big Bazaar is the leading store catering to everyday needs of the people. If you still prefer shopping at Big Bazaar and its label stores, this card will suit your needs the best.
- Welcome gift of Rs. 500 FBB Gift Voucher
- Flat 10% discount on the purchase of apparel, footwear, backpack, accessories and more at FBB and Big Bazaar Stores
- No cap on the maximum discount you can avail
- Earn 10X reward points on Big Bazaar, Standalone FBB and Food Bazaar outlets
- Earn 10X rewards on dining
- Get 2,000 bonus rewards every year on payment of renewal fee
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000, capped at Rs. 100 per month
First Citizen Citi Platinum Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 500
First Citizen is a loyalty program that covers Shopper Stop and other its private label brands such as Clinique, MAC Cosmetics, Homestop, Crossword and more. If you are a frequent customer of these brands, this card is good for you.
- A welcome benefit of Rs. 2,050
- Earn 1 First Citizen Point per Rs. 100
- Earn 5 First Citizen Points per Rs. 100 spent at Shoppers Stop for other brand products
- Earn 7 First Citizen Points per Rs. 100 spent at Shoppers Stop for private label brands
- Instantly redeem First Citizen Points for purchases at Shoppers Stop (1 First Citizen Point = Re. 0.60)
- Complimentary parking and exclusive sales preview at partner stores
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Annual Fee: Nil
Amazon made online shopping an everyday thing for people in India. And now that you can also purchase grocery through Amazon Pantry along with other necessities, this co-branded retail card can be a wonderful option for you.
- 5% cashback on Amazon for Amazon PRIME Customers
- 3% cashback on Amazon for Non-PRIME Customers
- 2% cash back for payments made to Amazon Pay partner merchants
- 1% cashback on all other purchases
- A fuel surcharge of 1% waived off
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 500
Flipkart is another player in the online shopping space that caters to the daily needs of the people. This card would suit the needs of those who are frequent shoppers of Flipkart.
- Get Rs. 500 Flipkart voucher on using the card for the first time
- 6 months of Gaana Subscription for free
- 15% cashback up to Rs. 500 on your first transaction on Myntra
- Avail Rs. 500 off on minimum booking amount of Rs. 2,000 on MakeMyTrip using the coupon code- MMTAXISFK
- 500 on domestic hotel booking on a minimum booking amount of Rs. 2,000
- 20% instant discount up to Rs. 400 for new Urban Clap customers
Spar SBI Card SELECT
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
SPAR is one of the leading stores that sell groceries, daily use products, and so on. If you prefer shopping at SPAR stores then you can apply for this card and get exclusive benefits. Prominent benefits are:
- Earn 5 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent at online as well as retail Landmark Stores (SPAR, Lifestyle, Home Centre and Max)
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Ability to convert your SBI Card reward points into Landmark reward points
- Get 2,000 bonus reward points worth Rs. 500 on successful payment of an annual fee
- Milestone benefits of Rs. 4,000 worth of Reward Points
Loyal to a brand? Find out if there is a co-branded credit card for you.
Best Credit Cards in India for Grocery and Departmental Store Purchases
Departmental stores are where you can get all the daily necessities including groceries. There are credit cards meant to make such purchases worthwhile for you in the form of rewards, cashback and direct discounts. Some of the best credit cards in India for such purchases are listed below:
Standard Chartered Bank DigiSmart Credit Card
Monthly Fee: Rs. 49
This credit card from Standard Chartered Bank is well-suited to your everyday needs as it has partnered with several brands to let you save on retail shopping as well as groceries.
- 20% off on Myntra with a maximum discount of Rs. 700 in a month
- 10% off on Grofers with a maximum discount of Rs. 1,000 in a month
- 10% discount on Zomato for 5 transactions per month each allowing discount up to Rs. 150
- BOGO on INOX on Saturday and Sunday only
- 15% cashback on Ola Cabs with a maximum cashback of Rs. 600 in a month
- 20% discount on Yatra for domestic flights with a maximum discount of Rs. 750
- 10% discount on Yatra for international flights with a maximum discount of Rs. 10,000
- 25% discount on domestic hotels with a maximum discount of Rs. 4,000
Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 749
Designed for a smart shopper, this card lets you save more on your regular shopping. You will earn Saving Points on all your purchases which can later be redeemed.
- 10% saving on groceries and departmental store spending in the form of 10 Saving Points per Rs. 100
- 1 Saving Point per Rs. 250 across all other categories
- Earn up to 500 Saving Points in a month which equals to Rs. 500
- Spend Rs. 1.25 Lakh in 6 months and get 6 PVR Tickets free or 1,200 Reward Points
YES Prosperity Cashback Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 1,000
This YES Bank Credit Card is one of the best cashback credit cards in the market and lets you enjoy more savings on grocery purchases.
- Avail 5% cashback on utility bills, grocery shopping and movie tickets
- Get offers and discounts on lifestyle benefits at selected cities
- Enjoy Rs. 250 cashback as a welcome gift within 30 days of card setup
- Fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 750
This is another addition to the best cashback credit cards in India. With this card, you can avail cashback on all your spending with extra benefits on online shopping.
- 5% cashback on all online spends (excluding transfer to online wallets)
- 1% cashback on all other spends
- No maximum cap on cashback
- Cashback is also earned on Instant EMI as long it is used at listed merchant
- The cashback earned is credited back within 45 days of card statement date
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
Annual Fee: Rs. 499
Best suited for shopaholics, SBI SimplySave comes with big rewards and discounts. You can earn big rewards when it comes to grocery, departmental stores, dining and movies.
- Earn 10 Reward Points on every Rs.100 spent on dining, movies departmental stores and grocery spends
- Get 2,000 Bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 2,000 or more within the first 60 days
- You also earn 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction worth Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000
How to Choose the Best Credit Card for Your Everyday Shopping Needs?
When you are looking for the best credit card for your retail shopping needs, you must try to compare the cost of holding that card with the benefits that it would provide. Prepare an estimate of how much you would be able to spend on the card during a year and see if it surpasses or matches the annual fee. You should ideally look for a card that gives you direct cashback if accumulating rewards and redeeming them later is not really your thing. Assess your spending smartly and then choose the right card.