Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is a lifestyle co-branded credit card that provides accelerated cashback on Flipkart, Myntra and preferred partners. The main highlight of this card is the default cashback rate of 1.5% with no capping which gets credited to card account 3 days before statement generation.
So it looks like Flipkart decided to come up with another variant with features in line with the new trend in industry for entry-level cards: Flat cashback %
- Joining Fee: Rs.500
- Annual Fee: 2nd year Onwards: Rs. 500 (Annual fee waived off on annual spends greater than Rs. 2 lakhs)
- Rs. 500 worth Flipkart vouchers on your first transaction.
- Unlimited access to Gaana Plus membership for 6 months. 50% off for the next 6 months subscription.
- Rs. 500 off on domestic hotel on Goibibo, a minimum booking of Rs. 2,000.
- Rs. 500 off on domestic hotel on Makemytrip, a minimum booking of Rs. 2,000.
- 15% cashback up to Rs. 500 on your first transaction on Myntra.
- 20% instant discount up to Rs. 400 for new Urban Clap customers.
Benefits at Glance
- 5% Cashback on Flipkart, Myntra, and 2GUD spends
- 4% Cashback on MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Uber, PVR, Curefit, and UrbanClap spends
- 1.5% Unlimited Cashback elsewhere
- No Cost EMI applicable for purchases on Flipkart for all tenures
- Four complimentary domestic lounge access visits (one per quarter)
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 500 per month
So just like all other co-branded credit cards that were recently launched, this too is an entry-level credit card with a light mix of premium credit card benefits, as it also gives you domestic airport lounge access which is Mastercard’s USP.
How to Apply?
Visit Axis Bank website here to apply for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.
Multiple Cards: Axis Bank can “technically” issue up to 4 credit cards per head, but again, based on the profile this number may vary. So, if you’ve one of the Vistara co-branded credit cards, getting Flipkart credit card shouldn’t be a problem.
Overall it’s a decent card and in fact Flipkart’s credit card wins over the rest with its lounge access benefit, but again comes with Rs.500 joining fee, which is OKAY as you anyway get the equivalent Flipkart voucher as welcome benefit.
So its good to see some rewarding credit cards from Axis Bank too, which is known for their history of poorly rewarding cards, except those with Vistara.
What’s your take on the new Flipkart credit card by Axis Bank? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.